Wednesday 13 April 2011

Harry Potter.



Sorry, but it had to be done. 

You just can't hide these things for long and now I've decided I quite like blogging, I figured I should rant about my favourite thing ever. Now don't get me wrong, I am definitely not the camp outside the store on the day of the release type, but I am the 'I can read all the books within two days' type. 

I actually started off with reading the second one first. Just the way I was given them, I have a memory of getting the third one on my brothers birthday and sitting in the corner of his party just reading it in the corner. I was soon hooked and as a quick reader I was all over it within hours. The last one was released the day before I went on a massive guide camp with my guiding unit. Of course, I'd read, so had very few others but many had not. There was a ban on discussing it and I'm one of the 'must analyse as much as possible' types. So it was torture. I put as much effort as possible into putting pressure on my closest friends into finishing it. 


In my imagination, I had all these characters conjured up, the films completely lived up to my expectations in the pictures. The films themselves get mixed reviews from me, I love them because they are Harry Potter films. However I came out of the sixth film feeling incredibly disappointed, this was true for many people from the look of reviews. I still grew to love it though when I started to study it in my media studies A level, it was inevitable anyway, considering my mild obsession.


Whenever I think of my childhood I conjure up images of Harry Potter and magic and Hogwarts. When I was in primary school, I used to play Harry Potter, I was always Ginny and me and my friends made things like wands, brooms and trunks etc. We really were so cool. 



Now, I must go watch the first half of the seventh with my little brothers. I'm sure this will be one of my never finished posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment