Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mothers Day.

It's' okay, I haven't gone crazy, I'm perfectly aware that mothers day has been and gone this year. 


Also, I just have to promise that this whole blog is not going to be me moaning about men. Just this post. And my brothers.

I returned home from uni for Easter this weekend to see only one card on our side. One card. Four children. One card. Now forgive me, but this doesn't make sense in my head.. At all.


This one card was obviously from me, taking pride of place in the middle of the mantelpiece. My pathetic 'Ha-pea Mothers Day Card' complete with a mother and daughter pea.


(now it wasn't this one, but I couldn't find the one it was)

So obviously if I'd realised I would be the only child giving a card, I'd have got a nicer one, maybe more dramatic, prettier and more expensive (only to make them look even worse of course).

Now I'm sure you've probably guessed my brothers are all teenage boys. The only reason they've ever bought cards before is because I've either forced them to or they've signed mine. They had managed between them to buy chocolate and flowers (after prompting from me and my father of course) which she said she was perfectly happy with. But still, how much effort does it take to walk to the shop (where two of them essentially work) and buy a card for £1.50, write it and give it to her? 

I get the feeling from now on I'm going to be buying four cards and sending three unsigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment